Enormously Useful. Surprisingly Small.
This product is currently sold out.
- 200 kg (440 lb) Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight
- Bosch® Cargo Line Motor provides up to 85 Nm of torque and 400% support
- Bosch dual-battery system (1000 Wh) for a range of up to 128 miles (206 km )
- Rohloff® Speedhub features a 526% gear range, electronic shifting, and automatic downshifting
- Gates® CDX Belt Drive is silent, smooth, and virtually maintenance-free
- Adjustable cockpit comfortably fits riders 150 - 195 cm (4'11" - 6'5")
- Super tough Atlas Lockstand™ auto-locks when engaged—just press a button on the handlebars to unlock
- Heavy-duty frame-integrated rear rack and integrated lower decks
- Cane Creek® Thudbuster ST Suspension Seatpost for an extra-cushy ride
- Always-on RearStop™ Brake Light helps you safely signal stops
- Ultra-bright Ignis™ Headlight ensures 24/7 visibility, no matter the weather
- Powerful and responsive Magura® MT5 eSTOP 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes
- Wide range of cargo- and passenger-carrying accessories
- Fits two Thule® Yepp Maxi seats, no adapters needed
- Integrated Abus® Wheel Lock, keyed-alike with the battery
- Upgraded Atlas Wheels with custom CNC machined hubs for extra strength and durability
- Technical Details
Still Small. Even More Useful.
With a 200 kg (440 lb) Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight, the GSD is ready to replace your car. It'll let you carry two kids plus groceries, or a whole lot of cargo—but it's the same length as a regular bike. Built-in dual-battery technology lets you ride all day, while space-saving features like FlatFold and Vertical Parking make the GSD incredibly easy to own and use.
Carries Your Family
Our ecosystem of passenger-carrying accessories fits your family—now, and five years from now. Carry two little ones in child seats and watch as they grow into (and out of) the Clubhouse. Give your spouse a lift on date night with the Captain's Chair. Snap a photo of the day your teen graduates to carrying you.
One Size Fits Most
The GSD has an adjustable cockpit that resizes in seconds and without tools to fit riders 150 - 195 cm tall (4'11" - 6'5"), so you can easily share it with your family. The updated frame geometry with a slacker seat tube angle and higher handlebars also means the GSD doesn't just fit—it's more comfortable too.
The GSD is made to fit your life, including all your stuff. Our ecosystem of accessories includes a wide range of cargo-carrying gear designed to keep your loads secure and stable for wobble-free hauling. You may not have thought of using a bike to pick up groceries, home improvement supplies, or plants for your garden—but now you will.
Easy to Manage
The GSD's unique geometry makes for super stable riding, no matter what you're hauling (or how wiggly your kids are). The low center of gravity lets even smaller riders confidently manage heavy loads, and the step-thru frame makes getting on and off the bike a breeze. Plus, we've made it easier for the rider's feet to reach the ground at stops.
Color Grey Wheel Size 20" Speeds Continuously Variable 380% Weight 34.98 kg (77.12 lb) Folded Dimensions 176 x 40.5 x 83 cm (69.3" x 15.9" x 32.7") Fold Time 5 seconds Frame Size One size Gear Inches 26" - 99" (2.08 - 7.91 m) Distance: Seatpost to Handlebar Min: 490 mm (19.3") / Max: 590 mm (22") Distance: Saddle to Pedal Min: 690 mm (27.2") / Max: 1050 mm (41.3") Suggested Rider Height 150 - 195 cm (4'11" - 6'5") Max Gross Vehicle Weight 200 kg (400 lb) Max Rider Weight 120 kg (264 lb) Frame
Tern GSD, 6061-AL, patented MultiTruss design, EFBE Tri-Test approved: 200 kg
Suntour custom for Tern, 1.5" tapered Chromoly steerer, 32 mm stanchions, Thru-axle, 70 mm travel, EFBE approved: 200 kg
Tern Physis 3D, 3D forged, 5 patented technologies, 12°, 290 mm
Tern Andros, adjustable, forged construction, patented technology
Tern Flux Pro Taper, 1.5", angular contact bearings, Physis integrated
Tern Sweep, 6061-AL, Tern Andros adapted
Grips Ergon GC10, for swept bar Saddle Tern GSD, with rear handle Seatpost Tern Telescope, 34.9 mm, 2014-Al Seatpost Clamp Oversize, 6061-AL, 2pc Front Brake Magura MT5, 4-piston hydraulic disc, 180 mm rotor Rear Brake Magura MT5, 4-piston hydraulic disc, 180 mm rotor Brake Levers
Magura MT5 e-stop, hydraulic, with brake sensor
Brake Cable & Housing Magura, hydraulic Front Hub Tern Atlas, Boost Thru-Axle, sealed cartridge bearing Rear Hub Enviolo Cargo Groupset, 380% continuously variable gear range, Boost Thru-Axle Spokes and Nipples Stainless steel, 13G Rims Tern Atlas, ultra wide 36 mm, dual reinforced joint Tires
F: Schwalbe Big Ben Plus, 55-406, Green Guard puncture protection, Reflex
R: Tern x Schwalbe Super Moto-X, 62-406, Green Guard puncture protection, Reflex
Shifter(s) Enviolo CA, Twist Rear Derailleur Chain tensioner, dual-pulley Crankset Tern GSD custom, forged 6061-AL DH crankarm Cassette/Freewheel Sprocket 20 TOOTH Bottom Bracket Motor integrated Pedals Urban with non-slip surface, sealed bearings Chain KMC for eBike, EPT corrosion resistant coating Shifter Cable & Housing Jagwire LEX-SL, slick treatment, alloy ferrules Motor Bosch Performance CX, 36 V/250 W, max speed 25 kph (EU), max torque 75 Nm Battery Bosch Dual Battery system, 500 Wh Display Bosch Purion, 4 mode selectable, walk assist Range 50-100 km (32-62 mi) Bell Aluminum Chainguard SKS Chainblade Kickstand Heavy-duty double stand Luggage Socket Combo Mount Front Light Tern Valo, integrated, 41 lux/150 lumens Rear Light Herrmans H-Trace, for eBike Fenders SplashGuard, stainless hardware Rack(s) Frame integrated, heavy duty design Accessory ABUS 5650L, keyed-alike with Bosch battery